2.27.2010

Sharing the love

I recently was let on to this great idea by a wonderful photographer in Dayton, OH, Erinne Fullam, who was given the idea by someone else. In any case, what’s the great idea?

I’ve been searching high and low for ways to use my talents/skills/gifts/etc. to help others. So here goes...

Once a month I will give one lucky person, family, (I guess other things are possible pending they qualify?) etc. a free photo shoot in addition to a few prints (exact quantities and sizes are TBD) just for being awesome.

The catch? well, this isn’t really a contest, but more a way of helping those that need it. maybe you know a family that struggles to make ends meet, that couldn’t even imagine the luxury of a family portrait. or a young girl that has trouble with self image, imagine how wonderful dolled up pictures would make her feel.
possibly a military family, struggling through a deployment.
the list goes on and on... (struggling business, adopting family, charity, etc.)

I do ask that you not enter yourself, but instead, enter someone else. Who do you know that a photo session would really benefit?

Now go email me at jes.deis@gmail.com and tell me all about the person you think that needs this shoot, why do they deserve this?

Towards the end of the month I’ll select a “winner” and post it here on facebook (so make sure you’re a fan!)

If an entry doesn’t get selected one month, it may still get selected later, no worries!

You can submit as many candidates/stories as you’d like.

If you do not win during the month of your entry, it will be rolled over into the following month's drawing, so the pool gets bigger as the year goes on.

You may enter as many different people as you like. :)

-jes

No comments: